Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Specialist
North West Balkans Country Office (duty station Sarajevo), NATIONAL POST ONLY
The MEAL Specialist plays a key role in assuring programme quality management within Save the Children. They will oversee the entire MEAL system, feed into country office strategy and planning, plan the utilisation of MEAL budgets, participate in proposal development and lead on reporting to Save the Children International.
The role holder will lead on the design and implementation of the country MEAL framework, a system for monitoring organisational progress against the Quality Framework. Working with the support of wider programme staff, the MEAL Specialist will ensure that the framework is institutionalised within the existing thematic programme cycle.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- University degree in a relevant subject
- Thorough understanding of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning processes and methodologies
- Significant experience of undertaking a MEAL related role in development and/or humanitarian contexts
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Experience working with Partners and through a participatory approach
- Experience working on/leading research projects
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessments and project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Fluent in Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- Willingness to travel across the region where SCNWB runs projects (BiH, Serbia, Montenegro)
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience of supporting humanitarian preparedness, response and recovery
- Experience in project cycle management
- Experience in training and capacity building of staff.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organisation and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://nwb.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
While we thank all the applicants for the expressed interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.APPLY NOW
- Job Identification5338
- Job CategoryMonitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Posting Date12/27/2023, 03:24 PM
- Apply Before01/10/2024, 03:24 PM
- Job ScheduleFull time
- Locations CO – Sarajevo FO – Belgrade